Films and Barrier Paper

Films and barrier paper encompass a variety of materials. Choose acetate film rolls, pads, or sheets for protecting artwork, creating animated drawings, and making overhead transparencies and overlays. Glassine paper can be used to separate prints, and in bookbinding to protect artwork from abrasion and acid migration. Barrier paper is another popular choice for protecting both archival and non-archival materials, and is also used as frame backing to give artwork a finished look.

Stencil paper and stencil film provide an easy way to transfer artwork onto engraving or carving surfaces, and to create durable stencils and animated drawings. Younger artists like tracing paper for tracing over their favorite coloring pages, comic book pages, and other original art in preparation for coloring with crayons, markers, and paints. Higher-end tracing papers and vellum are used by architects, designers, and engineers for drafting, tracing, and drawing — and by crafters for making cards and other paper crafts. Transfer papers and films are coated with graphite or a graphite-like substance for transferring designs onto paper, boards, glass, metal, ceramics, and other surfaces. Use iron-on transfer paper for transferring images to T-shirts and other textiles.