1. Sketch a large heart on Yupo paper in vertical orientation.
2. Pour Claro Extender into a small container with a lid and set aside. This will be used liberally to combine with the ink and create washes.
3. Add 3–5 drops of Passion Purple ink around the edges of the heart, then add 2 drops of Claro Extender inside each color ring.
4. Repeat Step 3, but use Senorita Magenta ink and place the drops inside the heart.
5. Add 8–10 drops of Blanco Blanco ink inside and all around the heart, then add 2 drops of Claro Extender inside each color ring.
6. Rigorously shake the Rich Gold ink before each application. Place several drops in and around the heart, then add 2 drops of Claro Extender inside each color ring.
7. Use a paint brush and additional Claro Extender to blur edges of color rings where the color pools in darker areas.
8. Create washes by applying additional extender with a paint brush. Continually draw over the heart shape sketch to maintain the shape as you work.
9. Tap the brush on the edge of your hand to create splatter effects. Keep the brush close to the paper for best results.