1. Use a pencil to lightly sketch or stencil a design onto your mini canvas or board. The design can be as simple or as complicated as you want. The mini canvases and boards are available in both black and white.
2. Paint your canvas or board. You can use a traditional paintbrush and paints — or use paint markers for greater control over your design.
3. While the paint is drying, make a loop in a piece of ribbon and tie a secure knot. This will be used to hang your ornament.
4. Using a glue gun, glue the ribbon to the top of the canvas. Add another ribbon as an embellishment if you'd like.
5. To make a fancy gift tag, attach a piece of torn paper with the year and the recipient's name. After the gift has been opened, the tag doubles as a holiday decoration. Or display it on a mini-easel to enjoy all year long!