1. Mix a bit of the Blick Artists’ Acrylic Gloss Medium with Titanium White acrylic paint. Paint the sides and the top edges of your 9” x 12” wood panel with the mixture. (This panel will be the base for your finished work.) Set aside to dry.
2. Place a 9” x 12” sheet of Yupo Watercolor Paper into a large butcher tray. While wearing gloves, fill the atomizer bottle with 91% isopropyl alcohol, spray the entire sheet of paper, and wipe clean.
3. Apply drops of Jacquard Piñata Ink to the paper. Experiment with different techniques. You can blow the ink around, use droppers, or apply it with a brush. Wear gloves throughout the entire process, so that oil from your hands doesn’t get on the paper. Set your painting aside to dry.
4. Use a hard bristle brush to apply a thin coat of Vallejo Pouring Medium to the entire top surface of the wood panel.
5. Line up the edges of the Yupo paper with the edges of the wood panel, and lay the paper down slowly.
6. Place newsprint on top of your mounted Yupo paper. Using a soft rubber brayer, roll over the paper starting in the middle and working your way out to the edges. This will help the paper adhere to the panel and eliminate any bubbles.
7. Wipe up an excess medium along the edges of the panel. Let dry for one hour.
8. Finish your piece with a coat of Liquitex Gloss Gel Medium or a layer of casting resin.