Abstract Alcohol Ink & Resin Art
Abstract art with no rhyme or reason — but lots of resin! Learn abstract painting techniques using Jacquard Piñata Colors swirled together with ArtResin. This process, similar to paint pouring, relies on intuition and chance, but always yields exciting and beautiful results. Jacquard Piñata Colors a...
1. Create a 1/2" high border with tape, around all sides of the wood panel. This will stop the resin from flowing over the side.
2. Using a small brush, or finger, coat the inside of the tape barrier with oil.
3. Mix ArtResin in a 1:1 ratio. Be sure to mix thoroughly, for at least 3 minutes.
4. Pour the resin directly onto the unprimed Blick Studio Wood Panels. The resin should be no thicker than 1/4" when level.
5. Use the Bella Tavola Mini Torch to remove air bubbles from the resin.
6. Drip a small amount of Jacquard Piñata Colors directly onto the resin.
7. Swirl and move colors across the surface with a craft stick or plastic fork.
8. Continue adding color until satisfied with the painting.
9. Let cure for 24 hours. Then, remove the tape and sand the edges. For an even more polished look, use a dremel to buff the sides.
10. Try different techniques, apply ink directly to the wood panel, or use an acrylic paint pen to draw on the surface. Create depth by working in layers — simply pour resin again after the previous layer has cured.