click image to zoom in
- Soak reed for 10 minutes to make it easy to bend.
- Fold reed in a zig-zag fashion so that there are 10 folds (will be 10 sides of star. Secure with band and allow to dry.
- Unfold into a star shape. Two sides will overlap and may be stapled together.
- Lay star flat and run glue along top edge. Place on a sheet of paper and position a book over it to weight so that it forms a good bond between the star and paper.
- After glue has dried, cut excess paper away from edge of star with scissors.
- Paint with watercolors on front, back and sides of star.
- Place a drop of glue in the top point of the star and add a string to hang.
- Create optional streamers from construction or tissue paper.