Open the door to creativity! Paint a charming scene with a rustic door, foliage, and loose florals using Daniel Smith Extra Fine Watercolors featuring the PrimaTek Set — made with genuine mineral pigments for vibrant, sparkling shades! Learn to sketch with a pencil and ink on watercolor paper. Then,...
- Stretch 300 lb watercolor paper onto foam board using low tack artist tape.
- Sketch the image using an HB pencil.
- Use the 03 Micron Pen to outline basic elements of sketch.
- Mix Daniel Smith PrimaTek and Primary colors with water on your palette.
- Paint wet into wet using ½" wash brush (Door, Windows, Shingles, Foliage, and Shadows):
• Paint clean water on to door. Paint wet into wet using Round 6 Blue +. Leave some highlight areas white. • Paint clean water on to windows. Paint wet into wet using Round 6 and Hematite + and allow color to pool darker in shadowy areas. • Paint clean water in to shingles. Paint we in to wet using Round 6 and Piemontite +. Leave brightest areas white for highlights. • Paint clean water on to sky/sides using warm and cool washes using Round 6 (F. Ult Blue + Diluted Piemomtite +). • Paint clean water into monstera, paint wet in to wet using bright green. Follow same process for darker green foliage in background. • Paint clean water on to floor level. Paint wet in to wet using Hematite + and Piemontite washes. Darken area where door meets the floor. • Outline plant stand using Hematite. • Allow to dry briefly. 6. Paint the outlying foliage wet into wet using a Round 6 brush. 7. Paint the flowers wet into wet using a Round 6 brush. 8. Paint loose florals and foliage using a Round 6 brush. 9. Use Round 6 brush to continue to paint layers of detail until painting is complete. Allow to dry for 24 hours overnight, then carefully remove tape from the board.