Folded Watercolor Journal with Karen Elaine Parsons
click image to zoom in
- Using a broad flat hake brush, paint a large watercolor wash and allow to dry completely before removing it from the block.
- Fold the watercolor paper into sixteen equal sections, then unfold.
- Cut three straight slits in the watercolor paper with scissors.
- Accordion fold the sections to create the pages of a book.
- Cover the book board using glue with decorative paper, and miter the corners.
- Glue the endpapers of the book to each cover.
- Using the Niji Waterbrush, paint botanical sketches your journal using Niji Authentic Chinese Watercolors and Niji Pearlescent Watercolors.