DIY Wrapping Paper
Wrap up the holiday season! Carve, ink, and print designs to create block-printed wrapping paper using Blick Readycut with Speedball Block Printing Inks and Linocutters on a paper roll. Discover your creative side with the provided design templates, and learn all about the block printing process to ...
- Place Saral Transfer Paper graphite-side-down on a Blick Readycut block, then add the printed design line-art-side-up on top of the Saral Transfer Paper and tape it in place. Use a pencil to trace over the line art and transfer it onto the block.
- Carve the design with a linoleum cutter. Carve until white shows — gray areas will print and white areas will not.
- Use slicing gouge to cut away areas at line designations that will be inked with different colors.
- Apply ink to palette paper. Roll the brayer into the ink evenly back and forth until you hear a “Velcro” sound.
- Test the print 2–3 times to make sure block is printing as desired. Place paper on top of carved and inked design. Press down firmly using a baren until the ink is transferred.
- Clean the blocks and brayers with water between each color.