Abstract Alcohol Ink & Resin Art
Abstract art with no rhyme or reason — but lots of resin! Join our NEW Facebook Group, the BLICK Creative Community, for an Abstract Alcohol Ink & Resin Art Demo on 2/16 at 6 p.m. CST, and learn abstract painting techniques using Jacquard Piñata Colors swirled together with ArtResin. This process, s...
- Create a 1/2" high border with tape, around all sides of the wood panel. This will stop the resin from flowing over the side.
- Using a small brush, or finger, coat the inside of the tape barrier with oil.
- Mix ArtResin in a 1:1 ratio. Be sure to mix thoroughly, for at least 3 minutes.
- Pour the resin directly onto the unprimed Blick Studio Wood Panels. The resin should be no thicker than 1/4" when level.
- Use the Bella Tavola Mini Torch to remove air bubbles from the resin.
- Drip a small amount of Jacquard Piñata Colors directly onto the resin.
- Swirl and move colors across the surface with a craft stick or plastic fork.
- Continue adding color until satisfied with the painting.
- Let cure for 24 hours. Then, remove the tape and sand the edges. For an even more polished look, use a dremel to buff the sides.
- Try different techniques, apply ink directly to the wood panel, or use an acrylic paint pen to draw on the surface. Create depth by working in layers — simply pour resin again after the previous layer has cured.