Easy Fabric Batik
Be bold with batik! Check out our Easy Fabric Batik Facebook Live demo on 8/04 at 6 p.m. CST. We’ll show you a no-heat method using washable glue instead of hot wax. Then add color and remove the glue — just like traditional batik. Create stunning, washable designs on pillow cases, scarves, shirts, ...
- Transfer or draw an image directly onto the fabric with a soft pencil.
- Stretch the fabric, taping it to cardboard lined with a sheet of plastic.
- Trace the line drawing with washable gel glue. For fine lines, use a detailer writer to apply the glue. Allow time for the glue to dry, generally 2–3 hours.
- Apply Marabu Fashion Spray Fabric Paint, either by spraying directly from the bottle or using a brush. Rit Liquid Dye can also be used for this step.
- When the paint is completely dry, place the piece in warm water. Gently rub off the glue.
- Heat set the fabric paint with an iron, referring to the manufacturer’s instructions.