Click here to return to the main entry form.
Click here to view the Student Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 48 CONTINGUOUS UNITED STATES AND D.C. AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited by law.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (excludes Alaska and Hawaii) and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Blick Art Materials LLC (“Blick”) (“Sponsor”), Fielday Marketing, and each of their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, and advertising, promotion and judging agencies, and all other service agencies involved with the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and members of each of their immediate families (spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings, and their respective spouses) and those living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and where prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Promotion Period: This Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on August 9, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PT on September 30, 2018 (the “Promotion Period”).
- How to Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter:
- Online: To enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, eligible entrants must visit the Blick website at www.dickblick.com/Sweepstakes (the “Website”), and complete the Online Entry Form with the required information, including your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address; verify eligibility and accept the Official Rules; and click “submit” (collectively an “Entry”) (subject to verification with the Entry Requirements, below). Entries must be submitted during the Promotion Period to be eligible. Valid entries must contain all information requested.
- In-Store: To enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period, eligible entrants must visit a participating Blick Art Materials retail location, present your Blick Preferred Card to a Blick associate and request to enter the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). Entrants must be registered for a Blick Preferred Card to enter the Sweepstakes. If you do not have a Blick Preferred Card, you can obtain a Blick Preferred card for free by asking a Blick associate to complete an electronic application. Entries will be deemed to have been made by the person associated with the scanned Preferred Card.
Limit: One (1) Entry per person/email address/Blick Preferred account during the entire Promotion Period regardless of entry method. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, contain all information requested, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate or incorrect entry information whether cause by entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or Website or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Blick Preferred Customer accounts, email addresses, accounts, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods may void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s discretion. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification, in Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the entrant, the Entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the Entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned the Blick Preferred Customer account used to enter, or the submitted email address as assigned by the ISP or other organization which is responsible for assigning the email account or domain associated with the submitted Entry. Proof of submission of an Entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the Website or Sponsor. A potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address or Blick Preferred Customer account used to enter.
Note: If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or an Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet; in addition, a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
- Winner Selection: On or about October 15, 2018, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and ten (10) potential First Prize winners will be randomly selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Potential winners are subject to verification. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- 1. Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize trip to London, England will be awarded consisting of roundtrip ("R/T") coach-class air transportation for Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest between major gateway airport nearest winner's residence and London, England; four thousand dollars ($4,000 USD) awarded in the form of a check made payable to winner, which can be used towards trip expenses, including meals, transportation, and accommodations; and a Winsor & Newton prize package valued at $500. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of Grand Prize is $6,500. Actual value will vary depending upon airfare fluctuations. Any difference between the ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Advanced reservations of at least six (6) weeks must be made. No cash redemptions. Trip must be taken by June 30, 2019 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Accommodations, excursions, entertainment and other activities, airport departure fees and taxes, baggage fees, travel insurance, hotel room service, parking fees, laundry services, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, etc., local and long distance telephone calls, gratuities, service charges and all other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of winner. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure city, departure date, destination and return date. Airline/hotel restrictions and blackout dates may apply and subject to availability. Changes to reservations, once reservations are made, are not permitted. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. If winner is eligible, but a minor in his/her state of residence, the travel guest must be winner’s parent or legal guardian. A minor may accompany winner as a travel guest only if the winner is the minor’s parent or legal guardian. Minors must be accompanied at all times during trip (including, but not limited to, in-flight, hotel stay and all prize-related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a passport) required for travel. Once travel guest is selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and may not be valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Grand Prize winner at the time of notification. Grand Prize winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
- First Prizes (10): Each First Prize winner will receive one (1) $250 Blick gift card (“Gift Card”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $250 USD. Limit one (1) prize per person/household/email address. Gift card is subject to any terms, conditions, or restrictions stated thereon or as provided by issuer.
Limit one (1) prize per person/email address/household. Winner of a Grand Prize in the 2018 Blick Student Travel Sweepstakes (Official Rules found at www.dickblick.com/Sweepstakes/GeneralPublicTravel;Rules) are not eligible to win a Grand Prize in this Sweepstakes. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are each winner’s responsibility, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. All prize details are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded. Winner may be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes over $600. Total ARV of all prizes: $9,000.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email, telephone and/or mail (certified mail, return receipt requested) on or around October 16, 2018. Potential winners may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter, including but not limited to providing the original file of his/her Entry, if applicable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The winner notification will include instructions on how to claim the prize. Any prize won by an entrant who is eligible but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian of such minor who must sign and return all required documentation outlined herein and otherwise comply with all requirements imposed on winner(s) set forth herein. If winner is found to be ineligible, or not in compliance with these Official Rules and/or the Website, declines to accept a prize, if Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within five (5) business days of attempting contact, or in the event that a prize notification or prize is returned undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited. Potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian where applicable) will be required to furnish proof of identification and sign, complete, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, a travel release (if applicable) and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, within seven (7) days of attempted notification or prize may be forfeited. At the same time, the Grand Prize winner’s travel guest must also sign, complete, and return a Liability Release, a travel release (if applicable) and, where lawful, a Publicity Release. In the event that a potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to an alternate entrant who will also be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible Entries provided sufficient time remains to award and ticket the prize (if applicable). Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any change of email address or other contact information of entrants, or for any delays in awarding prizes for any reason outside of their control. Prizes will only be delivered to/claimed by verified winners and to addresses within the 48 contiguous U.S./D.C.
By accepting a prize, each winner and travel guest consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and state of residence), voice, statements, videos and social media posts relating to the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, and Entries or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification, or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor, any related entities, or anyone authorized by Sponsor in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
- Binding Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the JAMS Rules and Procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal, or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. All issues of interpretation to be decided by Sponsor. Decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all matters. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and all associated Entries will be void.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible, or incomplete submissions of Entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures of Entry, etc.) and/or submission does not constitute proof of delivery. Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant’s Entry in the Sweepstakes or entitlement to a prize, if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive, or unfair playing practices (including any Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
- As a condition of entering, entrants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree to release Sponsor, Promotion Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt, participation, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize or any item redeemed in connection with such prize, including any travel related thereto.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to any other conflicts of law principles. In connection with any issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Sweepstakes Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, which are not subject to binding arbitration as set forth in Section 7, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the State of Illinois, in the City of Chicago.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time, if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity, or proper play of the Sweepstakes or Website. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received up to time of such cancellation. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes.
- Promotion Entities do not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to; (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible, or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, Website, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone, or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical, or other errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the Website, the offering or announcement of any prize or in any post or prize notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes or the Website, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (f) damage to a user's computer system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading or accessing any information or site necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Any entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified (and all associated Entries will be void) and will forfeit any prize won.
- Disputes: In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any other Sweepstakes materials (including but not limited to email content, social media content, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media) (“Sweepstakes Materials”), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. The Official Rules govern over all other communications. In the event of any conflict between these Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail. Images of prize(s) (if any) as shown in Sweepstakes Materials are for illustrative purposes only. Actual prize may vary from the prize pictured. The ARVs of prizes as stated by Sponsor in the Sweepstakes Materials and/or in these Official Rules are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace. If, at the time a prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the prize is less than the ARV stated by the Sponsor in the Sweepstakes Materials and/or in these Official Rules, the winner(s) will not be entitled to a check or cash for the price difference.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Sponsor: Blick Art Materials LLC, 1849 Green Bay Road, Suite 310, Highland Park, IL 60035.
- Winner List: For a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Fielday, Attn: 2018 Blick Travel Sweepstakes Winner Request, 400 W. Erie, Suite 205, Chicago, Illinois 60654. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days of the drawing date.