1. Draw and cut a circle out of the card stock paper. The height of your cone will be determined by the size of your circle. For example, a 6” wide circle makes a 3" high cone.
2. Draw a triangle wedge about 1/4 of the size of the circle and cut it out.
3. Wrap the cut sides of the disc together, overlapping as needed until the base measures about 1-1/2" diameter. Then tape the paper cone closed.
4. Measure equal amounts of components A & B of the EasyMold Silicone Putty. Remember to work very quickly — the putty has three minutes of working time at regular room temperature! Mix only enough to make one mold at a time.
5. Quickly knead components A & B together until they form a uniform color. Roll into a ball and then flatten into a disc that's big enough to wrap around the outside of the paper cone.
6. Press putty firmly around the paper cone. Leave the paper cone inside the putty for 25 minutes while it cures.
7. Remove the paper cone. Let the silicone mold cure for 24 hours before using it with the FastCast resin. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cure times before using the silicone mold with other materials.
8. Measure equal amounts of the FastCast Urethane Casting Resin components A & B by volume into a straight sided, flat bottom, wax-free container. We suggest using the EnviroTex Mixing Cup Set.
9. Working quickly (FastCast has a working time of two minutes at regular room temperature), mix components A & B together for 30 seconds, scraping the sides and bottom of the container.
10. Pour the contents into a second container and mix again for another 30 seconds.
11. Add three or more drops of the Castin’Craft Transparent Dye (color of your choosing) and mix again for three seconds. If you over mix the dye, you won't achieve the marbled effect.
12. Immediately pour this solution into your mold — don't hesitate! Allow 10–15 minutes for your casting to set and cure.
13. Gently remove from the cone mold. You’ll be able to use the mold again!
14. Allow pieces to cool and completely cure before sanding any uneven or rough edges.