Cold Wax Palette Knife Painting with Ashley Nordin
Discover how to take your oil paintings to the next level with cold wax medium! Cold wax is a dense medium perfect for adding depth and texture to paintings. Unlike encaustic painting, it does not require heat. Learn how to combine it with oil paints to achieve a texture perfect for impasto techniq...
Use the following buttons to zoom in and out of the image
1. Make a sketch using charcoal or graphite.
2. Mix underpainting colors with small amounts of universal painting medium.
3. Create an underpainting using paintbrushes.
4. Mix the same colors with cold wax medium, starting with a 1:10 ratio.
5. Apply cold wax medium over underpainting. Use various palette knives to create additional textures.