Kiln Safety and Ventilation
Displays products in a grid view
Displays products in a detail view
Why is a kiln venting system so important?
Testing has shown that carbon monoxide produced during firings can be higher than accepted government (OSHA) standards — 35 PPM (Parts Per Million) for continual exposure or 200 PPM for short-term exposure, which can cause headaches, fatigue, sore throats, and nausea. Fumes, odors, and vapors that contain organics, volatile metals, fluorides, and sulphur oxides are also created when clay bodies and glazes are fired. It is important to clear them out of inhabited spaces to ensure everyone’s safety and comfort. Kiln venting accomplishes that.