- Pick your desired leather scrap from the Premium Leather Remnants and draw or trace an assymetrical, 2-sided design on the back of your piece of leather.
- Cut out your design using the Leather Rotary Cutter.
- Choose a location for the rivet just below where the keychain loop will be. Use an awl to poke a hole at your rivet location through both pieces of the folded leather.
- Shake each Angelus Acrylic Leather Paint bottle prior to use. Then, paint your desired design. To paint a light color on darker leather surfaces, paint a white base coat prior to painting the lighter color. This will allow the lighter color to show more vividly with fewer coats. OPTIONAL: Apply a coat of Angelus Leather Preparer and Deglazer prior to painting to ensure a better bond to the leather.
- Once the leather paint is dry, set the rivet. Place the anvil on a flat surface and put the rivet post on the anvil. Place the painted leather on top of the rivet, threading the rivet through the hole.
- To finish the keychain, use the setter and mallet to secure the rivet. Now you're ready to add it to your key ring!