Terrazzo Polymer Clay Earrings with Whitney Meredith
Get stylish for spring with trendy terrazzo earrings! Join our Facebook Group, the BLICK Creative Community, for a Terrazzo Polymer Clay Earrings Demo with BLICK’s own Whitney Meredith on 4/8 at 4 p.m. CST. Staedtler Fimo Leather Effects Clay is lightweight and flexible, making it the perfect polym...
- Roll out a slab of Staedtler Fimo Leather Effects polymer clay to a thickness of approximately half an inch in your chosen base color. PRO TIP: To create an even clay slab, place two sticks (bass wood strips, craft sticks, or paint stirrers work well) on either side of the clay piece to use as guide rails for the rolling pin.
- Using scissors, cut three or four accent colors into small pieces. Distribute them evenly across the base clay slab.
- Lower the height of the guide rails and roll out the slab again. The added pieces will be pushed into the base color, and the colors will appear seamless.
- If more colored pieces are desired, add them by cutting out small pieces of clay and rolling out the slab again.
- Press the Sculpey Tools Metal Clay Cutters into your clay slab to cut out your chosen shape. Flip the cutter over and use the opposite side to cut the second earring.
- Remove excess clay. Using the Sculpey 5-in-1 Tool, smooth and shape the sides or add texture to the surface of the piece.
- If planning to attach to a fish hook type earring, use a small ball stylus or toothpick to make a hole at the top.
- Bake according to package instructions, based on thickness.