Blick Gives Back
A long-time advocate of the visual arts community, Blick acknowledges the support of artists, art educators, and schools by giving back in a variety of ways:
- Supporting scholastic, collegiate, and professional art shows, both financially and through product donations.
- Hosting store events, product demonstrations, and give-aways at our retail stores, plus showcasing the work of local artists.
- Making financial and product contributions to artist organizations, art guilds, teacher associations, and youth groups.
- Featuring artists’ work, hosting art competitions, and providing networking opportunities through social media outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Featuring original works of art by our customer-artists in Blick’s scholastic and professional catalogs and flyers, and on Blick private label product packaging.
- Being a Diamond Sponsor of the annual National Art Education Association (NAEA) Conference, the world’s largest art education convention. Yearly grants from Blick allow two art educators to attend the NAEA convention free of charge. Beyond the convention, Blick supports state art education organizations by attending conferences, advertising in organization publications, and providing free workshops, product samples, and door prizes.
- Being a Presenting Sponsor of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the country's oldest and most prestigious award and recognition program for creative teenagers.
- Being a financial supporter and advocate of The Council for Art Education, which directs the national Youth Art Month program. This program advocates for visual arts education for all children, and encourages funding for quality school visual arts programs.
- Working closely with ACMI (The Art & Creative Materials Institute, Inc.), a trade association of manufacturers and distributors of art, craft, and other creative materials that seeks to promote safety in art and creative products through its certification program.
- Providing lesson plans and art supplies to art educators for use during in-service days, to encourage continued learning and proficiency with a variety of art materials and techniques.
- Helping teachers discover ways to use art materials to engage and encourage their students by posting hundreds of original, free lesson plans (many in video format) on our website here. Every project is designed to meet the National Core Arts Standards for the Visual Arts across a wide range of ages and skill levels.
- Lending sponsorship support of contests and events such as the Vans Custom Culture competition, the Illinois Tollway Map Cover contest, the Crayon Collection Head Start Matching Donation campaign, and others.
- Contributing hundreds of thousands of dollars each year to programs and organizations that support the arts and arts education. In 2016, this financial support was acknowledged by the Business Committee of Americans for the Arts, which honored Blick CEO Bob Buchsbaum with a Leadership Award.