Join Sue Walters, internationally renowned Australian pyrographer, as she shares everything you need to know to create stunning pyrography artwork.
Inside you’ll find information about:
- pyrography history, equipment, work area, and safety
- materials, preparation, and finishing
- woodburning techniques such as solar, negative, relief, engraving, color, torch, pyrographic machine, and hot wire
- in-depth instruction on creating animal fur, feathers and eyes, plus simple ways of burning natural objects, including water, trees, bushes, rocks, and grass
- methods for burning onto wood, leather, paper, bark, and antlers, with accompanying photos that will inspire novice woodburners
- bringing color to the artwork using different pigments and effects
- ideas for using your newfound skill
Three step-by-step projects include:
- For Beginning Woodburners – Ducks and Bulrushes
- For Intermediate Woodburners – Golden Eagle
- For Advanced Woodburners – Wolf
Author — Sue Walters.
Paperback. 144 pages. 11" × 8½" (28 cm × 22 cm).
Pyrography Workbook — A Complete Guide to the Art of Woodburning
Hint — click a thumbnail to enlarge.