These new Plus Series Formula Guides are the updated versions of the indispensable Pantone Matching System tools for selecting, specifying, and matching solid Pantone Colors. Now, with the addition of 560 new market-relevant colors, graphic designers, pre-press professionals, and printers have 1,677 chromatically arranged color choices to unleash their passion and let their creativity soar!
All of the new colors have been specially formulated to print using a uniform ink film thickness, making them easily matched on press. The ink formulations are provided to aid printers in mixing colors.
The Pantone Formula Guide also includes a color index, lighting evaluation tool, and design software. The set contains two guides, coated and uncoated, plus a supplement containing the new colors on coated and uncoated stock.
Features of the Pantone Formula Guide — Solid Coated and Uncoated include:
- 1,677 solid Pantone Colors in a chromatically arranged fan format
- Text-weight paper
- Pantone Color Manager software for updating Pantone colors in popular design applications
- Contains lithographic printing ink mixing formulas for every color in percentages
- Color locator index
- Each color identified with a distinct Pantone number or name
- Colors bleed for ease and accuracy in checking colors
- Includes ColorChecker Lighting Indicator to aid in lighting evaluation
- Broad selection of market-driven colors, for unlimited creativity
- Chromatic format makes color selection more intuitive
- Substrate paper stock matches popular print specifications
- Compatible with today’s digital workflows — colors easily updated in leading design applications
- All new colors are printed using a uniform ink film thickness, making them easily matched on press
- Eliminates guesswork in color selection and verification
- Easy to communicate colors by distinct number or name
- Shows the effect of coated and uncoated stocks on each color
- Included lighting indicator tool determines if lighting conditions are suitable for accurate color selection and matching
- Included color-correction tool enables easy color balancing and creative control of digital images
- System supported by worldwide network of Pantone licensees