Snow scenes are one of Sterling Edwards' most popular subjects. In this painting, he shows how to create the illusion of a bright, sunny day with beautiful blue shadows on the snow.
Sunny Snow Scene by Sterling Edwards DVD —
Snow scenes are one of Sterling Edwards’ most popular subjects. In this painting, he shows how to create the illusion of a bright, sunny day with beautiful blue shadows on the snow. To maximize the effect of subtle shadows, Edwards demonstrates how to gently lift highlights within the shadows.
The disc can be played on a computer or DVD player.
Art Academy Live DVD. 75–90 minutes.
The materials required to create the painting in this DVD include:
- Paper — Arches 300 lb Cold Press Watercolor Paper or 300 lb Fabriano Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Paint — 12 to 14 various tubes of transparent watercolor paint (Yellows, Browns, Reds, Violets, Blues, and Greens). Examples of what Edwards uses include MaimeriBlu Water Colors in Lemon Yellow, Golden Lake, Stil De Grain Brown, Avignon Orange, Permanent Red Dark, Sandal Red, Cobalt Violet, Ultramarine Blue, Cyan Blue, Permanent Green Deep, Cupric Green, Green Blue, and Primary Red Magenta.
- Brushes — an assortment of Rounds and Flats from ½" to 2"
- Bristle Brushes — an assortment up to 1½" wide
- Miscellaneous — a roll of toilet paper, a watercolor palette, paper towels, Kleenex, two containers of water, masking tape, and a gator board or similar hard surface.
Sunny Snow Scene by Sterling Edwards DVD