Blick Gives Back
Blick has been a long-time supporter and advocate for the arts, and continues to be involved in many national and local initiatives to support art and offset budget constrictions in schools and communities.
One of the ways Blick nurtures its deeply rooted investment in the arts and in educational communities is Art Room Aid, a tool that links art educators in need of supplies with art advocates who want to help. To learn more about Art Room Aid, click here.
Blick is also committed to helping teachers discover ways to use art materials to engage and encourage their students, and to enrich their teaching experience. Hundreds of original lesson plans (many in video format) can be found on our website here. All inspiring and all free, they're designed to meet the National Standards for Visual Art Education across a wide variety of age and skill levels. New lesson plans are being added all the time!
Other ways we support the arts:
- Supporting scholastic, collegiate, and professional art conferences by offering free workshops, project ideas, give-aways, donations and grants for art teachers to attend the NAEA convention.
- Being a Platinum Sponsor of the National Art Educational Association
- Contributing to artist organizations, art guilds, teacher associations, and youth groups
- Sponsoring educational demonstrations, local artist works, and give-aways at our retail stores
- Being a Presenting Sponsor of the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards, the country's oldest and most prestigious award and recognition program for creative teenagers.